Please read these booking conditions carefully as by paying the 35% deposit (per person, per tour) you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the following conditions. Your contract is with Mosaic Adventure based at Chibahal, Thamel 29, Kathmandu, Nepal. Mosaic Adventure are hereinafter referred to as ‘the company’ in respect of the booking conditions which apply to all of the tours in this website.
01. THE CONTRACT ARRANGEMENTS AND DEPOSIT: When you make your booking you must complete a booking form, accepting on behalf of all your party the terms of these booking conditions and pay a non-refundable deposit of 35% per person, per tour (we only accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro or JCB and 4% credit card transaction fee will be required). By paying the 35% you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the following terms and conditions. All persons named on the booking form shall be referred to collectively as either ‘the client(s)’ or ‘you’. If the booking is made through a travel agent, all communications from the company will be with the agent who acts as agent for the client in regard to all communications from the company to the client.
02. CONTRACT: No contract shall exist between the Mosaic Adventure and the client until the specified deposit has been paid and the client’s booking made on the booking form has been confirmed in writing by the company (‘the confirmation invoice’).
03. PAYMENT: The balance of the tour fare (65% of the total cost), and any other cost (where applicable), must be paid prior to the departure date for all tours, otherwise Mosaic Adventure may treat the booking as being cancelled by the client, and apply cancellation charges as set out in clause 4. All money paid by the client to a travel agent under or in contemplation of a contract with the company is held by the travel agent on behalf of the client until such time as the company issues a confirmation Invoice in acceptance of the booking. Thereafter, the travel agent holds the client’s money as agents of the company until such time as payment is required by Mosaic Adventure.
04. CANCELLATION BY YOU: Cancellation of a booking must be made in writing, by the person signing the booking form, and is not effective until such cancellation is received by the company. Cancellation notice is required a minimum of 15 days prior to trip departure and must be made in writing. Cancellation will commence on the day received and shall be valid with approval from the company after receiving documentation. The trip shall then be considered as cancelled and a cancellation charge of 20% of the trip amount would be charge. Shortly thereafter you’ll get a refund of 15% from initial deposit payment. If you fail to give proper cancellation notice within 15 days prior to your trip departure or show up at your scheduled arrival time without prior notice, you will forfeit 100% of the total deposit of your trip. Note: Cancellation occurs after your booking confirmation, or if you fail to pay the full cost of the tour within the specified time, you will be liable to pay cancellation charges. Should you require other changes to your original tour, the person who book the tour must submit a written document with changes required. Changes may be possible, but are not guaranteed.
05. GUARANTEED DEPARTURES: Subject to clause 6, Mosaic Adventure guarantees the departure dates of all of the tour available at our website and brochure.
06. CANCELLATION BY MOSAIC ADVENTURE: The company reserves the right in any circumstances to cancel the tour and all tours operate subject to a various valid reasons caused by internal or external factors. However, in no valid reason will Mosaic Adventure cancel the tour less than 28 days before the scheduled departure date except for reasons of force majeure or failure on the client’s part to pay the final balance prior to the departure date. In circumstances where the company is unable to provide the tour booked, the company will return to the client all monies paid (less any insurance premiums and amendment fees paid), or offer an alternative holiday of comparable standard.
07. THE COST OF MAKING CHANGES TO THE HOLIDAY: A client can only make a change to his or her confirmed arrangements if the change is more than 15 days before departure – an administration fee of US$30 per person, per change, together with any additional costs incurred by the company is levied. Changes made 45 days or less before departure are subject to cancellation fees as detailed in section 4 of the booking conditions.
08. TRANSPORTATION TO THE TOUR ASSEMBLY POINT: The client is responsible for making his or her own arrangements to arrive at the tour assembly point (as mentioned in the itinerary). There are no arrangements in existence should the client be delayed at the outward or homeward points of departure.
09. NUMBER OF PASSENGERS CARRIED ON VEHICLES: The company sets its own limits to the number of passengers carried on the vehicles but the company is not bound to these numbers under special circumstances as determined by the company.
10. CLIENTS’ RESPONSIBILITIES: It is important that you check the details on your Confirmation Invoice when you receive it. In the event of any discrepancy, you should immediately contact Mosaic Adventure or your travel agent.
11. NO ALTERATION TO THE BOOKING CONDITIONS, ETC: No servant or representative of the company has any right to alter, vary or waive any of these conditions, nor to undertake any liability whatsoever on behalf of the company, unless such be in writing and signed by a director of the company.
12. GOOD HEALTH: The client hereby confirms that he or she is in good health. Any client with a pre-existing medical condition or illness must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any drugs, or other cause of treatment that may be required during the tour. Such a client would be required to provide a medical statement from a Certified Doctor to confirm that they are fit to travel.
13. UNSUITABILITY OF CLIENT, ETC: If the company considers the client as unsuitable for a tour it may in its absolute discretion cancel such client’s booking or decline to carry the client further if that client causes inconvenience or annoyance to other passengers.
14. MEDICAL MATTERS, ADVICE AND IMMUNISATION: The client must take all immunizations as are required or generally recommended in relation to the places due to be visited. For some places a valid certificate of vaccination against certain diseases may be recommended or required. Mosaic Adventure recommends that anyone to be immunized against typhoid, polio, tetanus and hepatitis. When travelling to more than one country additional vaccinations may be required. Professional medical advice should be sought regarding inoculations.
15. TRAVEL INSURANCE: Travel insurance is mandatory for all clients. Before the client commences a tour he or she must arrange his or her insurance with a reputable insurer, with protection for the full duration of the tour, to cover personal injury, medical expenses, emergency helicopter expenses, repatriation expenses, loss of luggage and the expenses associated with cancellation or curtailment or a tour. If a client becomes ill, all hospital expenses, doctor’s fees and repatriation costs are the client’s responsibilities and the company shall not be liable for any refund of the tour cost.
16. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE: Should you have a complain of any sort concerning the trip or tour you must make it known to a tour leader or guide or the directing manager at the earliest opportunity who will take the appropriate action. We take your concerns seriously especially if they are discriminatory, fraudulent behavior, or sexual harassment claims. Take also the opportunity to fill out our feedback form in order to improve the quality of our service & company. We appreciate any kind of feedback.
17. INFORMATION: Information given in all brochures, leaflets and advertising is given in good faith by the company, and is based on the latest information available at the date of publication. The company reserves the right to change any of the facilities or vehicles described in the brochure without becoming liable for compensation or refund.
18. TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION: It is the responsibility of the client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits and vaccination and other medical certificates as may be required for the whole of the tour. The company does not accept responsibility for changes in regulations for visas or any particular requirements for visas. The company cannot be held responsible for the failure of the client to obtain the necessary visas.
19. SPECIAL REQUESTS: Special diet requirements must be advised in writing to the company when the client makes a booking. The company will attempt to provide special meals, however, these cannot always be provided.
20. EXCLUSION FROM THE TOUR: The company shall not be responsible for or be liable to any client who commits an illegal or unlawful act. He or she may be excluded from the tour, without any refund of the tour fare.
21. PHOTOGRAPHY RIGHTS: Clients must be aware that our authorized tour leaders and representatives may take photographs and films of our clients whilst on any of the tours of which the company reserves the right to use such material for any advertising or brochure production without obtaining further consent. The company also reserves the right to use any comments clients make regarding the tours on any questionnaires or complimentary letters, to use in future promotional literature.
22. SEVERABILITY: If any part, term or provision of this contract is held to be illegal or unenforceable it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the contract. Furthermore, if any covenants are held illegal or unenforceable by virtue of its scale, extent or duration, it shall remain valid and enforceable in such reduced scale, extent or duration as any court may decide as being the maximum scale, extent or duration permissible.
23. JURISDICTION AND LAW: The Contract shall be subject to the laws of Nepal and the exclusive jurisdiction of the government of Nepal.
24. INTERPRETATION: Headings are for convenience only and shall not affect the construction of any provision. Except where the context otherwise indicates, words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa; words denoting any one gender include all genders; words denoting persons include firms and corporations and vice versa.
25. PERSONAL INFORMATION: The client acknowledges that he/she will provide Mosaic Adventure from time to time with information about the client of a personal nature ('personal information'). The client consents to Mosaic Adventure using any personal information for the purposes of making and completing airline bookings and travel related arrangements on behalf of the client. The client also consents to Mosaic Adventure passing on personal contact information to the third party affiliate website if the client has made an online booking through the affiliate link, The third party affiliate site reserves the right to follow up on this contact information for the purposes of auxiliary products.